Pages

Thursday 20 January 2011

A week away



Thursday 13th January

The number of people who pass
Through working for us is a farce
Today we were able
To sit at a table
Raising Emma-wards many a glass


Friday 14th January

A recce my ultimate goal
The merits of sites to extol
Fish and chip supper
But minus the cuppa
The hotel’s a miserable hole

Saturday 15th January

Vindolanda and Chesters my aim
Roman forts the name of the game
Cold wind and rain
Migrainous pain
But a fabulous trip all the same

Sunday 16th January

I walked on the wall up on high
Above me a glowering sky.
I lost my way
Around midday
But found it again by and by


Monday 17th January

The gloomiest day of the year
Is really not something to fear
I drove too far
In my tin-can car
With the radio loud in my ear


Tuesday 18th January

I should know better you say
Than to run around frantic all day
But every brings
Such interesting things
And work feels rather like play.

Wednesday 19th January

Understanding Orestes is clear
When accepting the play’s insincere
An Hellenic day
What more can I say
Than I’m glad our next meeting’s so near

Thursday 20th January

There once was a teacher called Ed
With Hebrew and Greek in his head
Now I’m sad to say
That he passed away
And we’ll miss him for all that he said

No comments:

Post a Comment